An Electronic Health Record (EHR) is an online version of a patient’s charting note. Electronic Health Records are a secure (HIPAA-compliant) way to replace paper charts, that naturally accumulate as a patient load scales. EHR platforms enable professionals to save time and streamline operations, when implemented correctly in an organization.
Traditionally, Electronic Health Records (EHRs) have focused on the needs of one-time, episodic medical care treatments, primarily for physicians who rarely see the same patient more than once.
Medical Electronic Health Record (EHR) platforms include features like:
- Charting tools (with templates and check boxes designed to streamline patient care)
- Scheduling tools (with the ability to coordinate across provider calendars, have administrative professionals coordinate on behalf of a clinic)
- E-RX (E-prescribing capabilities to streamline the process of requesting a prescription for a patient as a diagnosis has been identified)
- Revenue Cycle Management (Insurance claim creation and processing to create CMS 1500 forms).
While EHR tools for medical care offer a necessary foundation for practicing care in an efficient manner (and are certainly better / more secure than a hybrid of excel spreadsheets, Google Calendar, Secure document storage systems), they miss unique needs for health and wellness professionals, and in particular, dietitians, nutritionists, and health coaches.
Enter Healthie, the complete Electronic Health Record designed specifically for nutritional care.
Healthie builds upon the core tenants of an Electronic Health Record (EHR) platform while fundamentally re-thinking the way that an EHR needs to be designed, to enable dietitians and nutritionists to build longitudinal relationships (e.g., relationships that grow stronger over time) with their clients, which is central to contributing to strong health care outcomes.
More specifically, that means that Healthie contains features that nutrition professionals need to practice care efficiently and effectively, whether that be in a clinical, private practice, retail, fitness, corporate, or other setting.
Healthie has more features than Electronic Health Records for Physicians:
- Food Journal: Enable clients to take pictures of their meals, indicate hungriness and healthiness (and special features for Eating Disorder clients)
- Metrics & workout logging: Enable clients to self-report metrics (that you customize), integrate with wearable devices like FitBit, and have these metrics upload directly into your chart note of that client, in real-time, connected directly to your EHR platform
- Track dietary restrictions and symptoms
- Set goals and care plans for clients
- Offer Telehealth / virtual video chats, in one-on-one and group settings
- Generate Superbills for out-of-pocket services
- and much, much more
Because Healthie is an Electronic Health Record that was designed *specifically* for dietitians, nutritionists, and health coaches, as opposed to traditional medical care, we’ve seen the first-hand impact on Healthie’s ability to transform client relationships, drive revenue, and contribute to business growth.