We may only be halfway through summer, but the back-to-school rush will be here before we know it! When thinking about marketing, it’s always a good idea to start planning several weeks before the event — similarly to how there will be Halloween candy in stores by the end of August!
Although it may be difficult to think about pumpkin-filled recipes and apple picking with the recent sweltering temperatures, prior planning prevents last minute stress and helps you increase engagement.
Here are 3 fall marketing strategies to start implementing while it’s still summer…
1. Target the Back-to-school rush
Even if you don’t work with kids, there is a way you can utilize the heavily marketed back to school season to your advantage! Here are a few ideas:
- Build your newsletter email list with premium content, such as a top 10 tips list for easy weeknight dinners or after school snacks or target college students returning to campus with dorm room recipes.
- When creating content, treat school starting just as you would the new year. Think of a fresh slate or new beginnings.Or maybe it’s time for you to make some marketing new year resolutions. Try one of these.
- Reconnect with prospective clients and/or previous clients! Let back to school season mean back to YOU for new or previous clients. Create a targeted email campaign towards previous clients or those who have shown interest in the past.
2. Offer a Limited-Time Only Promotion
There are many seasonal events in the fall to take advantage of — back to school season, college students returning to campus, Halloween, apple and pumpkin picking, Thanksgiving, and more…
Use these events for timely promotions. When your network only has a few days to take advantage of a special they’re more likely to do so for fear of missing out! Create a private practice flyer to spread the word in your community!
3. Leverage the Local School Community
School is back in session this fall, so use your local school community to help bolster your business! Here are some ideas to ponder:
- Reach out to school administration to host a presentation or event for parents about good nutrition. Oftentimes free speaking engagements lead to new clients!
- Sponsor a football game or homecoming event at your local high school or take out an ad in your school district’s newsletter.
- Volunteer to present for career day at your child’s school
- Make a partnership now to get involved in back to school night
And always remember to keep your content relevant! If you have a blog, it’s important to stay seasonal with your content. Share back to school tips, college fall-friendly recipes, and tools that make sense for busy families.
Looking for more marketing tips, tricks and ideas? Download our marketing ebook today!