Are you looking to build your own website as a way to promote your private practice and brand? Confused about where to start?
Or, are you ready to re-design and upgrade the website you’ve had for years?
If the answer to these questions is yes, read on to learn why it’s important to upgrade your private practice website.
Your Website Is Your First Impression
Having a strong one can woo a prospective client, and having an outdated or unappealing website can quickly turn someone away. The good news is that these days, building or upgrading your website design is easier and faster than ever.
You Can Create A Beautiful Website That You DIY
Many website builders are “easy enough” to figure out, even for a newbie. We suggest blocking off a few hours, grabbing a glass of vino (or coconut water =)) and getting to work. Many of them offer high levels of customer support if you pick a premium plan.
- SquareSpace: Beautiful, simple, and sleek layouts for you to easily customize and adopt
- Weebly: Very similar to SquareSpace, Home of the “drag and drop” approach to website creation
- WordPress: The “Original” website builder with the largest selection of templates & design options to choose from
- Wix: Quickly becoming a favorite among nutrition and wellness professionals for it’s easy to use, drag and drop nature.
Keep these quick tips on design and layout in mind:
Less Is More
- Long gone are the days when prospective clients will spend hours scrolling through a single website. The average consumer spends mere seconds perusing a website before making a purchasing decision, or moving onto the next one.
- Your website should be simple and effective in your language, images, and navigation. Remove unnecessary clutter.
- Use engaging and compelling words to describe your background and your approach.
Showcase A Consistent Brand And Message
- What do you want to convey to your prospective clients? Proofread the text on your website to be sure each and every section is consistent with what your business stands for.
- Who is your ideal client? Knowing your specialities and the demographics of your ideal clientele are important when building a website. This may directly impact the layout, color scheme, and details, all the way down to the size of font you use on intake forms! Planning in advance can save you time and work down the road.
- Want to learn more about branding? Download our FREE Branding Guide!
Make It Easy For A Prospective Client To Contact You
Here at Healthie, we have more than a few pros who have built some great websites, both from scratch and using these builder tools. Feel free to reach out to us anytime (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you want to bounce ideas off of one of our experts, or want examples of nutrition / private practice websites we’ve found particularly cool. We’re happy to help you out!
Plus, if you’re looking for some help with your own nutrition practice website, check out our friend, Mike Wilner at Compass. Mike is an expert in online marketing and can help you take your practice’s website to the next level!